Ashwagandha is an Ayurveda product that has been well recognized for its healing properties since the ancient times. The root and the berry of the plant are the substances that are used in making Ashwagandha medicine. The conditions that Ashwagandha medicine can treat are innumerable. But primarily Ashwagandha as a medication for anti-anxiety . This can be attributed to its adaptogen properties that help in limiting daily stress. The chemicals present in this natural herb help calm and balance the brain. Anyone can buy Ashwagandha online to reduce their anxiety levels.
Proper way of taking Ashwagandha
- Ashwagandha is mostly made in the form of capsules that need to be consumed orally.
- Other forms that Ashwagandha comes in are powdered extract or root the medicinal elements of which need to be infused to water.
- The dosage of Ashwagandha depends on various aspects such as the age, medical condition of the person taking it, the conditions for which he/she is taking the medicine.
- The dosage must be carefully administered before taking Ashwagandha.
Read these precautions before taking Ashwagandha
- Higher doses of Ashwagandha are known to cause upset stomach, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Even though it is a natural product, taking Ashwagandha is not recommended for pregnant or breast-feeding women.
- It is best to take the natural anti-anxiety med in the evening because it is known to cause drowsiness in some people.
- The dose should only be increased gradually after testing the reaction of the body in lower doses.
Know the side effects before consuming Ashwagandha
As it is an herbal medicine, the side effects resulting from Ashwagandha might be considered mild and not so harmful. It is known to slightly lower the blood pressure in some people and create feelings of vomiting. People suffering from any medical conditions should only take Ashwagandha after consulting a doctor in order to minimize the side effects.