Flagyl is an antibiotics medication that is used to treat varied kinds of bacterial infections including the infections that occur in joints, vagina, skin, respiratory tract and stomach. Metronidazole, the active ingredient in Flagyl, works by fighting and preventing the growth of bacteria in the body. One however, should not buy Flagyl to heal viral infections like common flu and cold. In some cases, Flagyl is also prescribed by some medicos to treat some ulcers created due to bacteria.
Proper way of taking Flagyl
- Flagyl comes in different formulations namely tablets, extended release tablets and injection.
- The proper way to take Flagyl completely depends on the type of formulation you choose.
- Take Flagyl extended release tablet on an empty stomach at least 2 hours before the first meal.
- Flagyl tablet must not be crushed or broken, rather must be consumed as a whole.
- Flagyl injection must only be administered under the care of a medical professional.
- Blood and liver tests need to be performed regularly while taking Flagyl.
Read these precautions before taking Flagyl
- Before getting your Flagyl, tell your doctor if you have medical conditions such as nerve disorders, blood disorder like leukopenia or anaemia, seizure disorder or Crohn’s disease.
- Dose adjustments and special tests are in order, if you suffering from any medical conditions.
- Do not take Flagyl if you are nursing a baby. The medicine is known to pass into the breast milk and harm a nursing baby.
Know the side effects before consuming Flagyl
Less severe side effects of Flagyl are:
- Loss of coordination
- Sore tongue
- Vaginal discharge or itching
- Symptoms of flu
- Dry mouth
Severe side effects that might occur while taking Flagyl are:
- Problems with vision
- Diarrhea that is bloody
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Numbness in the hands or feet
- Skin Allergy
- Trouble concentration
Serious side effects can harm the body hence they must be reported immediately.