Fluoxetine is an anti-depressant that belongs to the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor class (SSRI). Although the exact mechanism of the drug is unknown, Fluoxetine is highly effective as a treatment option for conditions like major depressive disorder, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), bulimia, and premenstrual dysphonic disorder. Individuals who buy Fluoxetine online can improve their symptoms by also including other non-medication techniques to overcome their disorder.
Proper way of taking Fluoxetine
Fluoxetine pills should be consumed only as directed by the physician for best results. Swallow the Fluoxetine capsule whole without opening, crushing or chewing it. The dose and duration of drug therapy varies based on the response to the treatment or according to the condition being treated. Consult with the doctor regarding any changes in the dose. Do not discontinue taking Fluoxetine suddenly as it can cause unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
Follow these precautions while taking Fluoxetine
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can increase the risk of side effects
- Do not take Fluoxetine if you have used a MAO inhibitor at any time in the past fourteen days.
- Consult with the doctor if after a few weeks of taking Fluoxetine, the symptoms do not improve or become worse.
- Check for safety of drug use by informing the doctor of other health problems like liver cirrhosis, a history of drug abuse or suicidal thoughts, bipolar disorder, seizures, glaucoma, diabetes, and kidney disease.
- Also, check for any potentially harmful interactions of Fluoxetine with any other drugs being taken.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, consult with the physician before buying Fluoxetine to avoid any harmful effects of the drug being passed to the baby.
Know the side effects before consuming Fluoxetine
Given below are the most common side effects of using Fluoxetine;
- Nasal congestion
- Changes in the weight or appetite
- Upset stomach
- Reduced sex drive
- Trouble sleeping
- Changes in vision
- Severe nervous system reaction
- Low sodium level in the body
- Severe skin reaction
- Suicidal ideation in people below the age of twenty five
- Unusual changes in the behavioural patterns