Lexapro, which is the brand name for Escitalopram is an antidepressant belonging to the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) drug class. The orally ingested Lexapro pills work in treating depression and are used to treat major depressive disorder, certain anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and certain symptoms of premenstrual syndrome. Patients diagnosed with depression can consult an online doctor to get a prescription to buy Lexapro online.
Which are the available dosages of Lexapro?
Lexapro can be obtained in dosage strengths of 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg.
How to take Lexapro properly?
- Take Lexapro as advised by the health care provider and by following the dosage instructions on the prescription label.
- Take Lexapro for the entire drug course without modifying the dose on one’s own.
- Do not discontinue taking the drug suddenly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms.
- For maximum drug efficacy, take Lexapro at the same time every day.
Take the following precautions before using Lexapro
- Thoughts of suicide may occur for people who are extremely depressed during the initial dosing period. Inform the doctor immediately if this occurs.
- Avoid taking Lexapro if you have taken a MAO inhibitor in the past fourteen days.
- Consult the doctor on safe drug use in case of health problems like kidney or liver disease, glaucoma, diabetes, bipolar disorder, seizures, and heart disease.
- Pregnant women, child under 12 years of age and nursing women should not buy and use this medicine.
What are the side effects of taking Lexapro?
Common side effects
Some of the most common side effects of using Lexapro are:
- Increased sweating
- Changes in weight
- Lower sex drive
- Trouble sleeping
- Changes in vision
- Stomach ailments
Rare side effects
These are the rare side effects of using Lexapro
- Blurred vision
- Loss of coordination
- Low sodium in the body
- Severe nervous system reaction
- Behavioral changes
- Mood swings as in being too happy or too sad