Ambien is a prescription medicine that is used to treat problems with insomnia. People who have trouble falling asleep can have a sound and undisturbed sleep throughout the night after taking this pill.Ambien generic is the therapeutically equivalent version of ambien brand hence both of these result in same effectiveness. The chemical known as zolpidem is the main constituent of ambien and this chemical is known to influence the brain and result in calming effects.One can buy their Ambien online in two different variants which are immediate-release and extended release which is referred to as Ambien CR. Immediate-release version can help one fall asleep faster whereas the extended release version helps a person to fall asleep as well as stay asleep. Which means it gives around-the-night protection for sleep deprived people. This is made possible by manufacturing the pill in a little more advanced way. The first layer gets dissolved as soon as the pill gets ingested and the second layer will dissolve slowly and mixes into the blood stream only gradually instead of at one go.
How effective is Ambien in treating sleep disorders like Insomnia?
Ambien is very effective in dispelling the sleep problems in insomnia sufferers. It helps in providing uninterrupted sleep throughout the night. Both the immediate-release and extended-release versions of the medicine work incredibly quick and it reaches its peaklevel in as less as 30 minutes.Due to this strong and efficient functioning of the medicine, it is recommended to take ambien right before going to bed. When the medicine is ingested and gets into the blood, it works by balancing the neurotransmitter chemicals in the brain. In specific, it works by influencing the GABA receptors of the brain. That is the reason it is referred to as a central nervous system stimulant. All other CNSs work pretty much by influencing the GABA receptors in some way but they slightly vary in their functionality. The mechanism by which ambien influences these brain chemicals is still under speculation. All that is known is that the drug works by slowing down the activity of the brain hence a person will be drowsy and feel calm as a result.
Advantages of buying generic Ambien over its brand version
Buying the generic version of ambien is highly advantageous than getting the brand variant. But before knowing the advantages, one needs to know the exact difference between the two versions. Ambien generic and its brand version employ the same active ingredient hence their working mechanism is the same. Moreover the onset action time of the medicine, method of administration, dosage strength and dosing duration are all the same for generic and brand versions.
So what are the perks of choosing generic ambien over its brand version? Price of generic ambien is the biggest advantage. It costs 90% lower than the brand one. Hence people who are on a tight budget and can’t afford ambien brand can consider buying cheap generic ambien online. Many hospitals and doctors often prescribe generics in place of brand variant as it would reduce the cost margin of their patients.
Another advantage of taking ambien generic is that is that it contains different inactive ingredients when compared to the brand ambien. Hence people who are allergic to any ingredients in brand ambien no longer need to stop themselves from using ambien brand. They can opt for the generic one instead.
A third advantage is that each of the generic company manufactures ambien in their own form which is sublingual tablets (dissolves easily in the mouth), oral tablet and oral spray. So, with many options at hand people can choose the one that best suits their needs.
Ambien dosage information
The dose of ambien must be first commenced with strength of 5mg. This should be taken right before going to bed. The initial dose can be taken for few days and if it is not enough to provide sound sleep, then the dose can be increased to 10 mg. People who take ambien10 mg dose can sometimes have the effect of this pill linger in the morning after waking up. Hence they should stay away from driving or performing activities that require attention. The dose however, must not be higher than 10 mg in any situation.Take ambien only if you have time to sleep for 7 to 8 hours because sleeping for fewer hours will still keep you drowsy after waking up.
Should I be concerned if I missed a dose of Ambien?
As the medicine is only consumed once a day before bed there is no possibility of missing a dose. Forgetting to take a dose on one day would just cause you to have a disturbed sleep because there is no effect of the medicine protecting you. If you forget to take ambien on one day, do not take 2 pills the next day to make up for the missed dose. In a 24-hour time frame, the drug should only be taken once. Just continue with your regular dosing schedule even if you miss a dose.
What to do if one overdoses on Ambien?
Overdosing on ambien can be fatal and even life-threatening in certain situations. Hence any overdosing must be duly reported to the doctor. Overdosing symptoms include shallow breathing, coma, confusion,delusions, slurred speech, lightheadedness and drowsiness. But it takes very high amounts of ambien for the overdose to be critical or dangerous. So the chances of overdosing on the medicine are next to none. Moreover the medicine only stays in the system for a short span of time hence it is very rare that someone dies due to an overdose of ambien. But at times, even normal doses can cause a person to react badly. Hence constantly monitor the body and swiftly report any unusual changes.
How to store Ambien pills safely?
Ambien pills must be stored in a place that is away from moisture or heat. Hence do not store the pills in the bathroom. It must be kept at room temperature. The temperature can vary up to 5 degrees above or below room temperature. Always check the expiry date of the pills before using the medicine. Discard pills if they are expired. Keep the medicine away from the reach of pets or children.
Precautions to take before using Ambien
Ambien must not be taken by people who suffer from any kidney or liver diseases. Ambien is a habit forming medicine hence it must not be consumed by people who have a history of drug or alcohol addiction. For this typical reason, it is not recommended to share your prescription of ambien with any other person. So the medicine must be kept in a place where such people can’t get access to it. Ambien is also known to worsen certain lung diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, emphysema and bronchitis. People with a history of mental disorders such as depression, panic attacks, suicidal thoughts and manic disorder might find the soothing effects of this pill to be more appealing and start to misuse the pill. Hence such people should stop using ambien. Liver diseases can get aggravated when using ambien. So such people should refrain from taking ambien.As the medicine is known to produce drowsy effects people with myasthenia gravis might experience increased fatigue.
Food and alcohol interactions with Ambien
- Effects of food and ambien: Take ambien on an empty stomach and not along with food. This reason is that heavy food effects the functioning of the pill and slows down its effect.
- Effects of alcohol and ambien:Since both ambien and alcohol are categorized as depressants taking these two together would greatly amplify the depressant effects. This would cause severe physical and psychological impairment of a person. Some effects of this combination would be increased disorientation, confusion and extreme drowsiness. And if this is done constantly, the combination can even lead to serious depression in the long-run.
Other drugs to be avoided while taking Ambien
Since ambien is a sleep inducing medicine, any medicine that causes sleepiness must be taken in reduced quantity or if possible avoided all together. Medicine such as cold medicine, muscle relaxants, anti-depression medication and pain medication would be coming first in the list of medicines that induces sleep and drowsiness. Other medications to avoid while taking ambien are,
- Rifampin–This medicine is known reduce the efficiency of Ambien.
- Chlorpromazin–This interaction is known to increase the side effects of Zolpidem
- Itraconazole–It increases the effect of sleepiness caused byambien
Drug interactions are very dangerous and care must be taken to not suffer from any of the drug interactions. It is recommended to inform your doctor about all the prescription, over-the counter, herbal and ayurvedic medicine that you are consuming while taking ambien. A doctor will be able to access any potential drug interaction and suggest you appropriate measures.
What are the side effects of taking Ambien?
Most common side effects
Just as is the case with other chemical medications, ambien can also result in some common side effects. These side effects are usually an initial reaction of the body and usually ward off after taking ambien for a while.Your doctor may also advice you on ways to prevent or decrease the intensity of some of these side effects. But if these effects do not subside and become bothersome then you must inform your doctor. Common side effects resulting from the use of ambien are,
- Drowsiness that sometimes prevails throughout the day
- Dry mouth
- Aches in muscles
- Upset stomach
But Zolpidem is a very well tolerated medicine and hence very less people suffer from its side effects or residual effects in the daytime. It also does not greatly vary the sleep/wake schedule so a person can use ambien without any fear.
Rare Side effects
Some rare side effects that might occur while taking ambien are,
- Allergic reactions – Hives or rashes on the skin, swelling of the face, throat or tongue
- Unusual thinking pattern
- Memory problems
- Problems with breathing
- Severe nausea
- Pain in the chest
- Suicidal thoughts
- Changes in vision
Is Ambien a controlled substance?
No, Ambien is not categorized as a controlled substance or narcotic according to the classifications produced by DEA (drug enforcement agency). Ambien generic is declared in the class of schedule IV substance along with other prescription medication. Class IV substances have very low potential for abuse and they do not cause any psychological or physical dependence in their users. But withdrawal symptoms to a certain extent do occur when you abruptly discontinue the use of ambien. But for most users, the use of ambien is very unlikely to raise any red flags.
Guidelines to follow to avoid Ambien dependence
The slight potential for dependence on ambien can also be reduced by sticking to the following guidelines,
- Take ambien only in the dosage strength that is prescribed to you.
- Do not follow someone else’s prescription even though you see that they exhibit similar symptoms as you.
- Follow the medicine intake timing that is suggested to you by the doctor.
- Never take the medicine for a duration that is longer than what is specified for your condition. Usually Zolpidem is prescribed for around 4 weeks during which time, the sleep pattern is estimated to become normal.
- Do not stop taking ambien abruptly even if you notice any side effects. In such cases, consult a doctor for his assistance.
Things to consider when buying cheap Ambien pills from an online pharmacy
Given below are some of the few things that need to be considered before buying top quality ambien pills from an online drugstore.
- Take some time to research and look for a pharmacy that is licensed and authentic. A licensed pharmacy will have a physical address along with a phone number for you to contact them. Call the number and make all your enquiries and check if the pharmacy legitimate before buying your ambien pills. Alternatively, you can also look at the testimonials or contact previous customers to determine the authenticity of an online pharmacy.
- Check if the pharmacy delivers to your location and if it has any return or delivery delay policy. Many pharmacies only deliver to certain locations hence it better to check beforehand if the pharmacy actually delivers the pill to your location.
- See if the pharmacy is providing ambien with prescription or without prescription. If the pharmacy claims to offer ambien without an online prescription then it is probably best to avoid such pharmacies. Choose the pharmacies that offer ambien with an online prescription. It is always safe to only buy this medicine with a prescription.
- Also check for the quality of the ambien pills that a pharmacy offers. You can do this by ordering just 1 or 2 pills in the beginning instead of ordering in a large quantity.
- Compare the prices in different pharmacies and ensure that the pharmacy you opt to buy your pills has a good balance or price, quality and service.