Atarax is an antihistamine and is used to treat itching that is caused by allergies including dermatitis. The generic name of Atarax is hydroxyzine and is a sedative. Atarax reduces activity in the central nervous system. Atarax works by blocking certain natural substances known as histamines which are made by the body during an allergic reaction. Atarax can also be purchased and used for treating anxiety or to help you feel relaxed and sleepy before and after surgeries.
Proper way of taking Atarax
- You can take Atarax medicine with or without food with a glass full of water. Usually, Atarax is taken three to four times every day.
- Follow the physician’s guidelines appropriately. Do not take Atarax medicine in smaller or larger doses or longer than what has been recommended.
- The dosage strength can differ from person to person depending on a number of conditions.
Read these precautions before taking Atarax
- Before you take Atarax medicine, inform your doctor if you are allergic to this drug
- If you have any breathing difficulty, glaucoma, high blood pressure or kidney or liver problem, seizures, overactive thyroid, then inform the same to your doctor.
- Avoid alcohol when taking Atarax medication
- As Atarax drug can cause drowsiness or can even cause blurred vision, do not engage in machinery works or drive vehicles.
Know the side effects before consuming Atarax
The side effects of consuming Atarax are,
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Changes in mood
- Urinating difficulties
- Irregular heartbeat
Check our online pharmacy reviews before buying your Atarax
Look for feedbacks and reviews in preparatory to buying Atarax. Our online medical portal provides you the appropriate feedback and user reviews or ratings of Atarax which will help you in deciding to purchase this drug or not.