Bactrim is an antibiotics medication that has sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim in it and it is used for treating a person who is affected by bacterial infections. Some of the conditions that Bactrim medication treats are urinary tract infections, traveller’s diarrhoea, ear infections, shigellosis, Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia and bronchitis.When an individual buys and use Bactrim medication he/she can get rid of infections that are caused by bacteria.
Proper way of taking Bactrim
- Bactrim can be taken orally according to the prescribed dosage strength.
- Bactrim drug can be taken along with a meal if the patient experiences symptoms of stomach upset.s
- Drink large amount of water to avoid the formation of kidney stones in your body.
- Complete the Bactrimcourse duration properly without halting it in the middle.
Read these precautions before taking Bactrim
- You should not take Bactrim medications to treat viral infections.
- Parents should not give Bactrim medication to infants below two months of age.
- To avoid the drug interactions with Bactrim, inform the health care professional about the medications you are consuming currently.
- Know about the dosage strength that would be appropriate for you before taking Bactrim.
Know the side effects before consuming Bactrim
Less serious side effects of Bactrim are,
- Skin rash
- Loss of appetite
Serious side effects of Bactrim are,
- Low sodium level in the body
- Symptoms of liver problem
- Serious skin reactions
- Diarrhoea which is bloody
- Change in heartrate
- Trouble in concentrating