Benadryl is an antihistamine that is used to treat sneezing including watery eyes, itching, hives, runny nose, rashes and other allergic symptoms. It has the generic name diphenhydramine and it works by blocking the naturally occurring chemical histamine in the body. Patients can also buy Benadryl to suppress coughs, treat motion sickness, to induce sleep and also to treat mild forms of Parkinson’s disease.
Proper way of taking Benadryl
Benadryl can be taken with or without food with a glass full of water. If you are taking Benadryl for motion sickness, then take it half an hour before motion, then with meals and at bedtime. The maximum dosage of Benadryl you can take is not more than 300 mg in a 24 hour period. For sleep aid, take Benadryl approximately half an hour before you go to sleep.
Read these precautions before taking Benadryl
- This drug comprises of certain inactive ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in your body. So talk to your doctor if you are allergic to Benadryl before taking it
- If you are having breathing difficulty, heart ailments, high blood pressure, glaucoma, seizures, overactive thyroid, urinating difficulties, then talk to your doctor before you take Benadryl
- Let your doctor know if you are about to undergo any dental check-ups or surgeries
- Do not consume alcohol when taking Benadryl
Know the side effects before consuming Benadryl
- Dry mouth
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision
- Uneven/ pounding heartbeat
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue or throat
- Breathing difficulties
Check our online pharmacy reviews before buying your Benadryl
It is better to get feedbacks and reviews of Benadryl before you buy the drug. This can help you to understand about the effectiveness of the drug and how it has helped many to overcome their deteriorated conditions.