Cafergot is a combination medication of two vasoconstrictors and is used to treat certain types of headaches that include vascular headaches like a migraine and cluster headaches. Cafergot comes with the generic name ergotamine and works by narrowing the widened blood vessels that cause headaches. Cafergot is used to reduce the pain that arise due to migraine headaches. People also buy Cafergot and use it for treating various other medical conditions.
Proper way of taking Cafergot
- You can take Cafergot medicine with or without food. It is better to take Cafergot at the onset of headache.
- Your doctor might prescribe additional dosages if initial Cafergot dose does not relieve your headache.
- Cafergot is an as needed basis medication taken when having a migraine attack.
- You should not take more than six Cafergot tablets for a single migraine headache and more than ten tablets in a week’s period, without consulting your physician.
Follow these precautions while taking Cafergot
- You should not take Cafergot within thirty minutes of your last dose.
- Having grapefruit or its juice can affect the amount of Cafergot in your blood.
- Do not take Cafergot for treating any other headache except migraine.
- Talk to your doctor before using nicotine or cigarettes as these can increase the risk of side effects with Cafergot.
- You are advised not to take this medicine if you are consuming any HIV drugs or antibiotics drugs
- People with blood pressure problems should refrain from taking Cafergot
Know the side effects before consuming Cafergot
The side effects of Cafergot are,
- Nausea, drowsiness, dizziness
- Allergic reactions like itching, hives, rashes,
- breathing difficulty, chest tightness, uneven heartbeat
- leg cramps, weakness
- changes in mood
- seizures, hallucinations
- cold or pale toes and fingers
- swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
Read our online reviews before buying Cafergot online
The online reviews available on our digital drug store enables you to know about the effectiveness and importance of Cafergot with which you can decide smartly to purchase the drug or not.