Celexa is an anti-depressant belonging to a group of drugs known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). The drug works to help restore the balance of certain natural substance known as serotonin in the brain. Patients can buy Celexa online in the generic form as citalopram. Celexa is used to improve the energy levels and feelings of well-being of a person. Celexa can also be used for treating other medical conditions like panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and even hot flashes that occurs during menopause.
Proper way of taking Celexa
Celexa can be taken irrespective of having had food or not. It is usually taken once every day either in the morning or in the evening. The dosage depends upon your age, medical condition and response to the treatment. The maximum dosage a person can take is 40 mg of Celexa per day. Your physician might insist you to start with lower dosage and gradually increase the dosage strength to minimize the risk of side effects. It might take about a week to four to see improvement and many weeks to see full benefits of the drug.
Read these precautions before taking Celexa
- If you are allergic to Celexa, notify your physician before using it
- Talk to your doctor if you have bipolar or manic disorder, liver disease, heart disease, seizures, low sodium content in blood, intestinal ulcers or glaucoma
- As Celexa can make you feel drowsy or cause blurred vision, do not do any machinery related works or drive any vehicle
- Do not use Celexa if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, without seeking consent from doctor
Know the side effects before consuming Celexa
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Decreased sex drive
- Easy bruising
- Eye pain, changes in vision
Check our online pharmacy reviews before buying your Celexa
You can check for the reviews of Celexa from our highly acclaimed online medical portal before you buy the drug so that you can know the effectiveness of the drug from user feedbacks and ratings.