Elavil is a tricyclic antidepressant and is available in the generic form as amitriptyline. Doctors prescribe to buy Elavil to treat various symptoms of depressions. Elavil drug is believed to work by affecting the chemicals in the brain that might be unbalanced in people who are suffering from depression. Elavil medicine helps one to improve their moods and feelings of well-being.
Proper way of taking Elavil
- You need to strictly follow the guidelines formulated by the doctor while taking Elavil.
- You can take Elavil medicine orally. Elavil is usually taken one to four times every day.
- If you are taking Elavil medicine only once each day, then it is advised to take it during the night so as to prevent daytime sleepiness.
- The Elavil dosage depends on upon one’s age, medical condition and their response to the treatment.
- Take Elavil regularly so as to achieve the fullest benefits of this medicine.
Read these precautions before taking Elavil
- Do not take Elavil if you had a heart attack recently
- Do not take Elavil medicine if you have used MAO inhibitors in the last fourteen days
- Inform the doctor in advance if you are about to undergo any surgery
- Avoid drinking alcohol when you are taking Elavil as doing so can result in dangerous side effects including death
Know the side effects before consuming Elavil
- Changes in body weight and appetite
- Urinating less than usual
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation
- Decreased sexual interest
- Confusion, seizure, hallucination
- Unusual bleeding and easy bruising